Yahoo Lifestyle is seeking an experienced New York-based beauty editor for a full-time contract position.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with all things beauty, can rattle off a list of the top celebrity hairstylists and makeup artists, and follows the most prominent influencers and brands on Instagram. He/she/they/them should also be able to conceive, assign, edit, and write engaging, topical news stories, as well as beauty and retail features.
The beauty editor will:
- Work alongside news editor to monitor morning budget and assign news and features focused on beauty and celebrity by using a combination of metrics, trending topics, and social media.
- Conceive and develop new signature tentpole features and franchises, invigorate existing ones, and continually evolve beauty content.
- Innovate shopping/market stories.
- Bring extensive experience in the beauty market space, as well as enthusiasm for unique storytelling that connects audience to celebrities.
- Contribute on social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Work closely with the Managing Editor and Beauty Director to create visually-compelling, represent diverse voices, and drive organic traffic to the website.
- Represent Yahoo Lifestyle on social media.
- 5 years+ of digital media experience in the beauty space.
- Superb writing, editing, critical thinking/news analysis skills.
- Passion for beauty/health/wellness and celebrity journalism.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- Experience working with celebrities, publicists, experts to execute exclusive coverage of campaigns, product launches.
- Professional at conceptualizing, organizing and executing photo and video shoots.
- Ability to manage time effectively and assign/edit/publish stories on tight deadline without making mistakes.
- Experience with content management tools (WordPress), social media platforms, and SEO best practices.
- B.A./B.S., journalism-related degree.