On Sunday 23 September 2018 the Cinque Torri crags in the Dolomites above Cortina d’Ampezzo will host the 2nd Delicious Climbing Dolomiti climbing contest. A rock climbing competition in pairs, open to everyone, part of the third Delicious Festival.
The historic Cinque Torri crags will host the 2nd climbing contest Delicious Climbing Dolomiti on Sunday 23 September 2018. The non-competitive, self-certified event forms part of the 3rd Delicious Festival, a series of events that aim to enhance the historical, natural, mountaineering and culinary heritage of Cortina d ‘Ampezzo.
During the contest, organized by L5T Sport asd with the Cortina Mountain Guides and the Scoiattoli Cortina, teams earn points on the basis of the routes they climb. Participants can choose from an extensive list of single pitch sport climbs, but also easier classic multi-pitches which will receive an additional bonus score.
– The competition is due to begin at 10 a.m. and will end at 3 p.m
– The meeting point for contestants is the Scoiattoli Refuge, starting from 9 a.m.
– The route list must be handed in at the same point by 3 p.m.
– The registration fee is 48 euros per pair and includes ascent and descent on the 5 Torri chairlift, competition pack, meal vouchers, assistance and refreshments at the site of the competition,and free gifts.
– Preregistration should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of rain the event will take place at the Lino Lacedelli climbing wall in Cortina
A maximum of 60 pairs – a total of 120 participants – will be accepted. The pairs must be formed of two participants only; absolutely no substitutions will be allowed during the competition. If the limit of 60 pairs is reached, the organizers will consider the possibility of creating a waiting list. The organizers will decide whether or not to accept further registrations on a “first come first served” basis.
Delicious Festival Dolomiti
The Delicious Festival Dolomiti event is organised by Associazione Sportiva Dilettantistica L5T SPORT asd, with the backing of the Town Council of Cortina d’Ampezzo, Cortina 2021, Regole d’Ampezzo, Parco Naturale delle Dolomiti d’Ampezzo and the Cortina branch of the Club Alpino Italiano and with the collaboration of the Guide Alpine di Cortina d’Ampezzo, Soccorso Alpino di Cortina and Uisp Sport per Tutti.