Elegance and softness were the defining notes at the Spring 2019 shows in Paris. At Miu Miu, models traipsed down a grand curving staircase and onto the catwalk in slouchy sequined tanks and silk slips adorned with rosettes. Sarah Burton’s collection for Alexander McQueen, inspired in part by the shape of a Victorian wedding dress, was heavy on mega-ruffles and tiny waists belted in black leather. And, on the final morning of the Paris shows, Chanel installed a beach in the Grand Palais, where models frolicked in straw hats and silk chiffon dresses in the sand and sea grasses. Click through the slide show to see highlights from these shows and more.
- Opinion: For Once, I’m Grateful for Trump
- Rifts Break Open at Facebook Over Kavanaugh Hearing
- Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes as He Reaped Riches From His Father
- Two Key Republicans Signal Satisfaction With F.B.I.’s Kavanaugh Inquiry
- Opinion: The Senate Should Not Confirm Kavanaugh. Signed, 2,400+ Law Professors.
- What Makes ‘The Good Place’ so Good?
- Deep in Human DNA, a Gift From the Neanderthals
- The Kavanaugh Report: Reactions From Senators on the Right and Left
- Opinion: I Was in the Elevator With Jeff Flake. Senators, Don’t Look Away From Me.
- The Confidence Gap for Girls: 5 Tips for Parents of Tween and Teen Girls