(WXYZ) – Hurricane Michael is currently a Category 2 storm on track to hit the Florida panhandle later this week.
Ahead of the landfall, several airlines are offering travel waivers and alerts for those airports affected by the incoming hurricane.
Check out the list below. (List will be updated)
- Dates: Oct. 9, 2018 – Oct. 12, 2018
- Cities/Airports: Destin, FL (VPS), Gulfport, MS (GPT), Jacksonville, FL (JAX), Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR), New Orleans, LA (MSY), Savannah, GA (SAV)
Travel dates listed below may be disrupted due to the weather conditions. Please continue to monitor this page for updates regarding your flight (s). Customers may also call Allegiant Customer Care at 702-505-8888 at any time 24 hours per day, seven days a week for assistance. *Carrier will refuse carriage to any passenger under the age of 18 if not travelling with a passenger age 18 or older under a weather advisory. For complete details please see our Contract of Carriage below.
- Dates: Oct. 9-11
- Cities/airports: Destin / Fort Walton Beach, Florida (VPS), Mobile, Alabama (MOB), Panama City, Florida (ECP), Pensacola, Florida (PNS), Tallahassee, Florida (TLH)
- Change fee waived if you booked by Oct. 8, scheduled to travel between Oct. 9-11 and can travel Oct. 8-13 and don't change your origin or destination
- Change/cancelation fee waived to trips that include listed cities after Oct. 13, 2018 if change is booked by Oct. 13 and completed within 1 year of original ticket date
- Dates: Oct. 9-11
- Cities/airports to/from: Albany, GA (ABY), Augusta, GA (AGS), Dothan, AL (DHN), Fort Walton Beach, FL (VPS), Mobile, AL (MOB), Panama City, FL (ECP), Pensacola, FL (PNS), Tallahassee, FL (TLH), Valdosta, GA (VLD)
When rescheduled travel occurs beyond October 14, 2018, the change fee will be waived. However, a difference in fare may apply. Final travel must be completed by end of ticket validity, one year from date of original issue. If travel is not able to be rescheduled within these guidelines, customers may cancel their reservation and apply any unused value of the ticket toward the purchase of a new ticket for a period of one year from the original ticket issuance. Applicable change fee and fare difference will apply for new travel dates. Final travel must be completed by end of ticket validity.
- Dates: Oct. 9-11
- Cities/airports: Pensacola, FL (PNS), Atlanta, GA (ATL), Birmingham, AL (BHM), Tampa, FL (TPA)
Customers who are ticketed to travel between Tuesday, October 9, 2018 and Thursday, October 11, 2018, who purchased tickets on or before Monday, October 8, 2018, may make one itinerary change – rules/restrictions regarding standard change fees, advance purchase, day or time applications, blackouts, and minimum or maximum stay requirements will be waived. Travel must be completed no later than Wednesday, October 31, 2018. Origin and destination cities may be changed. Customers whose flights are cancelled may request a refund.
- Dates: Oct. 11-12
- Cities to/from: Atlanta, GA (ATL), Charleston, SC (CHS), Jacksonville, FL (JAX), Savannah/Hilton Head, GA (SAV), Tampa, FL (TPA) (Oct. 10)
- Change/cancel fees waived for travel to all airports but TAmpa on Oct. 11-12, for Tampa on Oct. 10.
All customers traveling to/from the airport(s) listed above are encouraged to check the status of their flight online prior to leaving for the airport. Customers with web-enabled mobile devices may check the status of their flight at mobile.jetblue.com.
Customers may rebook their flights for travel through Tuesday, October 16, 2018 online in the ‘Manage Flights’ section of jetblue.com or by calling 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) prior to the departure time of their originally scheduled flight. Customers with cancelled flights may also opt for a refund to the original form of payment. Original travel must have been booked on or before Tuesday
- Dates and cities: Oct. 8-10 – Tampa (TPA)
- Oct. 8-12 – Atlanta (ATL)
- Oct. 9-11 – New Orleans (MSY)
- Oct. 9-14 – Charleston (CHS), Panama City (ECP), Pensacola (PNS), Norfolk (ORF) and Raleigh-Durham (RDU)
Customers who are holding reservations to/from/through the cities listed above on the corresponding dates, may rebook in the original class of service or travel standby (within 14 days of their original date of travel between the original city-pairs and in accordance with our accommodation procedures) without paying any additional charge.
Customers who purchased their itinerary via Southwest.com or our mobile app are eligible to reschedule their travel plans online or from their mobile device.
Customers who did not purchase a ticket via Southwest.com can call 1-800-435-9792 to speak with a Customer Representative.
Customers in the U.S. scheduled to travel internationally must call 1-800-435-9792 to speak with a Customer Representative for assistance with rebooking.
- Dates: Oct. 9-11
- Cities: Atlanta, GA (ATL) , Charleston, SC (CHS), Columbia, SC (CAE), Ft. Walton Beach, FL (VPS), Greenville-Spartanburg, SC (GSP), Mobile, AL (MOB), Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR) , Panama City, FL (ECP), Pensacola, FL (PNS), Savannah, GA (SAV)
- The change fee and any difference in fare will be waived for new United flights departing between October 8, 2018, and October 18, 2018, as long as travel is rescheduled in the originally ticketed cabin (any fare class) and between the same cities as originally ticketed. For wholly rescheduled travel departing after October 18, 2018, or for a change in departure or destination city, the change fee will be waived, but a difference in fare may apply. Rescheduled travel must be completed within one year from the date when the ticket was issued.