To the Editor:
“On Africa Trip Featuring Good Will, Melania Trump Reveals Her Inner Trump” (news article, Oct. 8) quotes Melania Trump as saying she wishes people “would focus on what I do, not what I wear.”
One of the things you do, Mrs. Trump, is wear attire that sends blatant, offensive signals when you know your image will be displayed worldwide (for example, the “I Really Don’t Care. Do U?” jacket, the white imperialist pith helmet).
What else have you done? Created a program with an ungrammatical title — “Be Best” — purportedly to help children.
- Hurricane Michael Live Updates: Category 3 Storm Charges Into Georgia
- Stocks Plunge, as Fresh Tensions With China Batter Tech Shares
- Limo Firm’s Operator Is Charged in Fatal Upstate New York Crash
- Chinese Intelligence Officer Arrested and Is First Brought to U.S. for Prosecution
- Turkey Names Saudi Operatives It Says Killed Dissident Journalist
- Trapped by the ‘Walmart of Heroin’
- A Suicidal Nanny, an Underground Industry and 3 Babies Stabbed
- At Immigration Argument, Justice Kavanaugh Takes Hard Line
- Hurricane Michael Made Landfall. We’re Tracking the Storm and Its Impact.
- Opinion: A Damaging Bid to Censor Applications at Harvard