Thousands of chicken wings sauced and sautéed in a variety of ways were sampled and judged at the first Wing Wars festival held Saturday (Nov. 17) at Central City BBQ on South Rampart Street.
Fharmacy NOLA Bar and Grill won the Tiger Sauce King of Wing prize, which is given to the team with the highest combined score from fan voting and critic voting. Here is a rundown of the other winners by category.
- First place – MoPho
- Second place – Linda Green, the Yaka mein Lady
- Third place – Ma Mamma’s House of Cornbread, Chicken and Waffles
- First place – Ling’s Wings
- Second place – Wow Café: American Grill and Wingery
- Third place – Fharmacy NOLA Bar and Grill
- First place – Fharmacy NOLA Bar and Grill
- Second place – McClure’s Barbecue
- Third place – Moe’s Original Bar B Que
The wing festival was created by Marc Bonifacic of Central City BBQ and Shane Finkelstein, producer of Top Taco Nola and owner of Nacho Mama’s Mexican Grill. The organizers promise to donate a portion of the proceeds to charity.
Editor’s note: This article was updated to add the Tiger Sauce King of the Wing prize, which was omitted in an earlier version.