Morning fire in Oakland caused by cooking – WIBW


TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) — An early morning fire blamed on unattended cooking caused nearly $30,000 in damage.

Firefighters could see smoke and flames shooting out of the home, 926 SE Wabash Ave., when they arrived shortly after 5 a.m. They attacked the blaze, keeping it contained to the one-story structure, according to the Topeka Fire Dept.

Three people were inside the home at the time and escape before emergency crews arrived, they noted. One of them suffered minor injuries, reportedly burning their hand on the stove, and was treated at the scene. A cat and dog were still inside, though, and firefighters were able to get them out unharmed. Another dog had run off, but was later located.

Investigators said their preliminary investigation indicated the fire was an accident and started in the kitchen. They estimate it did approximately $19,000 in damage to the home and another $10,000 to its contents.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)


Source link

What's Your Reaction?

Cry Cry
0
Cry
Cute Cute
0
Cute
Damn Damn
0
Damn
Dislike Dislike
0
Dislike
Like Like
0
Like
Lol Lol
0
Lol
Love Love
0
Love
Win Win
0
Win
WTF WTF
0
WTF

Comments 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like

More From: Cooking

DON'T MISS

Choose A Format
Personality quiz
Series of questions that intends to reveal something about the personality
Trivia quiz
Series of questions with right and wrong answers that intends to check knowledge
Poll
Voting to make decisions or determine opinions
Story
Formatted Text with Embeds and Visuals
List
The Classic Internet Listicles
Countdown
The Classic Internet Countdowns
Open List
Submit your own item and vote up for the best submission
Ranked List
Upvote or downvote to decide the best list item
Meme
Upload your own images to make custom memes
Video
Youtube, Vimeo or Vine Embeds
Audio
Soundcloud or Mixcloud Embeds
Image
Photo or GIF
Gif
GIF format