OCEAN CITY, Md. (FOX 5 Atlanta) – It is true what they say, things only heat up with each birthday you have. That was true for a Maryland woman whose party got pretty hot especially with the arrival of some special guests.
Gladys Birmingham was celebrating her 90th birthday at the Lions Club in Ocean City, Maryland, but had some trouble blowing out the 90s candles on top of the cake.
Megan Akers caught the "fire" on camera. The cake appeared to be burning.
The flames became so intense, it prompted the fire alarm to go off, which called out some Ocean City firefighters to the party.
Once the firefighters cleared the scene of any hazards, they posed for pictures with Gladys.
It certainly will be a birthday that Gladys will not soon forget! Happy 90th birthday!!!
FOX 5 News reporting from Atlanta.